Full Time position – Competitive Salary plus Excellent Benefits
Scope & General Purpose of Job:
To ensure we engage the Hearts and Minds of our team by offering excellent Employee Experiences and developing their Talents.
To support our Managers in the development of a highly skilled, motivated, service orientated workforce, who will achieve superior standards of performance in line with company guest satisfaction objectives and business goals.
To support the HR team with HR Generalist knowledge in assisting our hotel colleagues as required.
Your role in our family:
- Design (if required) and predominately deliver a wide range of training initiatives to suit the business needs of the hotels, focusing on quality and service
- To carry out an analysis of training needs, and future business plans, prepare and update the annual training plan
- To carry out off-job Inductions with all new starters and implement an effective follow up process
- With HOD’s, develop Departmental Induction plans and support material to ensure that new starters are effectively and efficiently welcomed to their department
- Ensure that all new starters have follow up induction reviews
- Organise and deliver the Company’s core training programmes to all levels of staff, from team members to Hotel/Head Office Managers
- Deliver Service Training on job and off job as required within departments to achieve Forbes Standards
- To train Departmental Trainers as required
- To achieve our compliance and training targets on Flow
- Assist in the monitoring of Apprenticeships/NVQ’s within the hotel and ensure the Levy is appropriately spent
- To monitor the timely return of training information and the use of Talent Toolbox & Flow and develop a process for regular evaluation of the hotel training activity, reporting monthly
- Ensure and align appropriate development plans and departmental training plans for employee and departmental needs
- To assist the Group HR Director in developing and delivering the HR strategy for the hotels to ensure an exceptional employee experience
- Continually monitor the training needs analysis for Sopwell House
- Deliver the Leadership Training series
- Ensure compliance for all H&S training requirements
- So much more!
What would make you the perfect fit?
- Currently hold a Training & Development or Training Officer position ideally at a management level
- Hospitality experience highly desirable but service industry experience is essential
- Experience of learning management systems is desirable as is knowledge of FLOW
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential
- Organised, able to manage a heavy workload and prioritise
- Strong relationship builder
- Works well on their own and as part of a team
The Best Bit
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Free staff meals and parking
- Discounted food and beverage, accommodation and spa within the AB Hotels Group
- 28 days holiday and 1 extra holiday day on your birthday
- And much much more!
Your country home from home nestled in 12 acres of Hertfordshire countryside; Sopwell House is a luxury family owned Georgian country house hotel. Our hotel is on its way to becoming one of the Top 3 Hotels in the UK as Sopwell House introduces Cottonmill, the first private members’ spa designed to be woven into the fabric of a better life. An elegant, dynamic concept that never stands still.
At Sopwell House, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading kindness one act at a time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.
Being a part of the Sopwell Family made me think anything was possible in my career”
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.