Full time £32K plus excellent benefits
Our Brasserie at Sopwell House boasts a vibrant, open plan kitchen serving delicious classic dishes, beautifully prepared. Breakfast, Lunch and Sunday roast is served buffet-style, Dinner is served A La Carte with an exceptional selection of dishes both hot and cold with daily specials inspired by global cuisines.
Your role in our family:
This is a specialised, professional level Sous Chef position. Your primary duty is to provide exciting elegant dishes and support our Brasserie Kitchen team.
- Support the Head Chef with the overall running of the Brasserie kitchen daily operations
- To assist the Head Chef in developing original and unique menus, buffets and ‘specials’ which meet the needs of the customers
- To support with all new menu implementations within the department
- To oversee food purchases, food wastage, portion control, stock rotation and levels on a daily basis to ensure the monthly food cost budget is achieved.
- Co-ordinate fresh food and dry store orders on a daily basis.
- Motivate the team and ensure that full instructions are given on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the whole team is conversant with the menu and to be adaptable with continual changes
- To support the Head Chef to train and motivate a highly skilful team to meet standards and requirements of the Hotel whilst retaining tight controls over expenditure and profitability of the department
- To assist the Head Chef and implement in conjunction with the Brasserie Manager an effective sales plan and food promotion
- So much more!
What would make you the perfect fit?
- Must have recent 4/5* Restaurant or Brasserie experience
- Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related
- Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal
- Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations
- Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure
The best bit:
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Free staff meals and parking
- Discounted food and beverage, accommodation and spa within the AB Hotels Group
- 28 days holiday and 1 extra holiday day on your birthday
- And much much more!
Your country home from home nestled in 12 acres of Hertfordshire countryside; Sopwell House is a luxury family owned Georgian country house hotel. Our hotel is on its way to becoming one of the Top 3 Hotels in the UK as Sopwell House introduces Cottonmill, the first private members’ spa designed to be woven into the fabric of a better life. An elegant, dynamic concept that never stands still.
At Sopwell House, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading kindness one act at a time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.
“Being a part of the Sopwell Family made me think anything was possible in my career”
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.