Salary £30-32K plus excellent benefits
Your role in our family:
- The Banqueting Sous Chef supports the Head Chef with the production of high-quality food for the busy Conference & Banqueting function of the Hotel
- To provide guests and visitors to Sopwell House with an efficient and personal service whilst maintaining the consistency and continuity and strive to continually improve
- Meets with potential banquet clients to discuss menu options and develop menus based on client specifications and contracts
- Oversees the work of the banquet kitchen staff and assists with training of newly hired kitchen staff
- Possesses the ability to handle any menu ranging from breakfast buffets to corporate lunch meetings with sandwiches to formal dinners with multi-course meals that are individually plated
- So much more!
What would make you the perfect fit?
- Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal.
- Must have excellent verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation
- Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related major
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position and environment with a firm understanding of excellence in customer service, preferably in a 5*
The Best Bit
- Wide range of Training & Development opportunities
- Free staff meals & parking
- Discounted Food & Beverage, Accommodation and Spa within the AB Hotels Group
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday
- And much much more!
Your country home from home nestled in 12 acres of Hertfordshire countryside; Sopwell House is a luxury family owned Georgian country house hotel. Our hotel is on its way to becoming one of the Top 3 Hotels in the UK as Sopwell House introduces Cottonmill, the first private members’ spa designed to be woven into the fabric of a better life. An elegant, dynamic concept that never stands still.
At Sopwell House, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading kindness one act at a time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.
“Being a part of the Sopwell Family made me think anything was possible in my career”
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.