Full Time Position – £19,500 for 40 hours, overtime paid after 40 hours
Working 5 days out of 7, including weekends and bank holidays
Your role in our family:
- Working in a busy Conference & Banqueting kitchen, mainly chopping and preparing food for large scale events
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping and storing food
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist whilst monitoring food quality
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers
- Set-up and break down work station
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- So much more!
What would make you the perfect fit?
- Must have achieved NVQ level 2 or Existed Examination as Chef (Apprenticeship)/ or experience in a comparable position
- Excellent knife skills
- Experience in a similar position and environment with a firm understanding of excellence in customer service.
The best bit:
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Free staff meals and parking
- Discounted food and beverage, accommodation and spa within the AB Hotels Group
- 28 days holiday and 1 extra holiday day on your birthday
- And much much more
Your country home from home nestled in 12 acres of Hertfordshire countryside; Sopwell House is a luxury family owned Georgian country house hotel. Our hotel is on its way to becoming one of the Top 3 Hotels in the UK as Sopwell House introduces Cottonmill, the first private members’ spa designed to be woven into the fabric of a better life. An elegant, dynamic concept that never stands still.
At Sopwell House, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading kindness one act at a time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.
“Being a part of the Sopwell Family made me think anything was possible in my career”
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.