Salary £25K plus excellent benefits
Your role in our family:
- To work within the Pastry Brigade of five at our stunning 4* Country House Hotel & Spa, with a 2 Rosette Restaurant, a newly refurbished Brasserie and extensive Conference & Banqueting department
- The Pastry Chef will prepare and produce all pastry, including preparing doughs and fillings, proofing, baking, and decorating
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures
- Check and ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food along with complying with quality expectations and standards
- Maintain purchasing, receiving & food storage standards
- Coordinate banquet production with banquet chef
- Operate & maintain department equipment’s & reports malfunctions
- Help design the production of seasonal creative displays, for example Easter chocolate displays and Christmas gingerbread houses
- So much more!
What would make you the perfect fit?
- Must have recent pastry experience in a 4/5* property
- Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation
- Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related
- Must be detail oriented
The best bit:
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Free staff meals and parking
- Discounted food and beverage, accommodation and spa within the AB Hotels Group
- 28 days holiday and 1 extra holiday day on your birthday
- And much much more!
Your country home from home nestled in 12 acres of Hertfordshire countryside; Sopwell House is a luxury family owned Georgian country house hotel. Our hotel is on its way to becoming one of the Top 3 Hotels in the UK as Sopwell House introduces Cottonmill, the first private members’ spa designed to be woven into the fabric of a better life. An elegant, dynamic concept that never stands still.
At Sopwell House, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading kindness one act at a time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.
“Being a part of the Sopwell Family made me think anything was possible in my career”
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.