Meeting & Events Manager – Permanent Position – Negotiable Salary D.O.E
Your role in our family:
- Achieve budgeted revenues in conference and events in keeping with the annual budget and marketing plan
- Receive telephone enquiries and convert calls to generate sales
- Be involved in sales activities to ensure the continued business success of the hotel
- Organise conferences, meetings and events with a personal touch
- Ensure effective communication with other hotel departments to enable the smooth operation of in-house functions
- Ensure billing is accurate and upsell wherever possible
- Ensure the team prepares all quotations, proposals and contracts according to clients’ requirements and the hotel standards, and there is a follow up after mailing to convert business
- Gather information on a regular basis on competitors and market trends and be aware of what facilities and packages these hotels offer
- So much more!What would make you the perfect fit?
- Be efficient and organised
- Have excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Enjoy building relationships with clients and exceeding their expectations
The best bit:
- Discounted gym & golf membership
- Discounted spa treatments & products
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Hotel discounts within AB Hotels and the Michels & Taylor group
- Employee of the month / year
- Starbucks discount within the Resort
- Coin reward scheme
- Social events
- Local business discounts (subject to change)
- Access to a discount & benefits platform after 1 years’ service
- And much more!
If you’re passionate about hospitality, service and guest satisfaction, you’ll fit right into the Five Lakes team. We’re a friendly, dynamic and dedicated workplace. The Five Lakes Resort is nestled in the middle of 320 acres of impressive parkland, and is only a short drive away from Colchester; the hotel is the perfect destination for a relaxing getaway. Whether our guests are planning a weekend away, a round of golf or a business meeting, the hotel stands out with its extensive offering as a great hotel in Essex. At the Five Lakes Resort, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading Kindness One Act at a Time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.