Full time position – up to £28k per annum plus excellent benefits
Our Brasserie at Sopwell House boasts a vibrant, open plan kitchen serving delicious classic dishes, beautifully prepared. Breakfast, Lunch and Sunday roast is served buffet-style, Dinner is served A La Carte with an exceptional selection of dishes both hot and cold with daily specials inspired by global cuisines.
Your role in our family:
- The Brasserie Junior Sous Chef supports the Head Chef with the production of high quality food for the Brasserie of the Hotel
- To provide guests and visitors to Sopwell House with an efficient and personal service whilst maintaining the consistency and continuity and strive to continually improve.
- Work with an incredible team who provide our guests with unforgettable cuisine
- Prepare and present high quality dishes
- Cooking with fresh, locally sourced ingredients
- Ensure food stuffs are of food quality and stored correctly
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- So much more!
What would make you the perfect fit?
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position and environment with a firm understanding of excellence in customer service, preferably in a 5*
- Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal.
- Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
- Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure.
- Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation
- Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related major
The Best Bit
- Wide range of Training & Development opportunities
- Free staff meals & parking
- Discounted Food & Beverage, Accommodation and Spa within the AB Hotels Group
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday
- And much much more!
Your country home from home nestled in 12 acres of Hertfordshire countryside; Sopwell House is a luxury family owned Georgian country house hotel. Our hotel is on its way to becoming one of the Top 3 Hotels in the UK as Sopwell House introduces Cottonmill, the first private members’ spa designed to be woven into the fabric of a better life. An elegant, dynamic concept that never stands still.
At Sopwell House, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading kindness one act at a time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.
“Being a part of the Sopwell Family made me think anything was possible in my career”
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.