Full Time position – Competitive Salary plus Excellent Benefits
Scope & General Purpose of Job:
To ensure we engage the hearts and minds of our team by offering excellent development opportunities and employee experiences, whilst keeping business goals at the forefront.
Your role in our family:
- Take ownership of the all aspects of the Hotel’s training, from training needs analysis to design and delivery of content to a wide audience across all levels of the team
- Own the talent management cycle, including our extensive on-boarding process, performance management and succession planning
- Creatively manage training resources and budget
- Ensure that HR & training systems (such as Flow, EPS etc.) are utilised efficiently by HR and Managers to guarantee legal compliance
- Continue to grow and develop our Apprenticeship offering to ensure opportunities are available to existing colleagues as well as securing a talent pipeline
- To assist the Group HR Director in developing and delivering the HR strategy for the hotel to ensure an exceptional employee experience
- To support the wider HR team, including HR operations and Recruitment as required
- So much more!
What would make you the perfect fit?
- We’d love you to have Hospitality experience (desirable), but if not, customer focussed experience from the Service Industry is a must (essential)
- You’re a self-directed, people person who’s passionate about making a difference
- A master of change management
- A natural mentor, who understands the value of confidentiality
- You’ll take a hands-on, operational approach to both HR & Training
- You’re a clear communicator who is highly articulate and can influence at all levels
- A structured individual who can remain focussed and organised in a changeable environment
- You have a practical, working knowledge of both Human Resources and Training & Development
- Prior experience of HR systems (for example Applicant Tracking Systems, HR & Payroll and LMS platforms)
- You currently hold a Training & Development or HR position and are ready to step up into your first management role
- CIPD (or similar) HR qualification would be an advantage
The Best Bit
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Free staff meals and parking
- Discounted food and beverage, accommodation and spa within the AB Hotels Group
- 28 days holiday and 1 extra holiday day on your birthday
- And much, much more!
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
Your country home from home nestled in 12 acres of Hertfordshire countryside; Sopwell House is a luxury family owned Georgian country house hotel. Our hotel is on its way to becoming one of the Top 3 Hotels in the UK as Sopwell House introduces Cottonmill, the first private members’ spa designed to be woven into the fabric of a better life.
An elegant, dynamic concept that never stands still.
At Sopwell House, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading kindness one act at a time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.
“Being a part of the Sopwell Family made me think anything was possible in my career”
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.