Competitive Salary plus Service Charge & Benefits
To manage the daily operation of our 19 conference and banqueting suites, ensuring a consistent level of presentation and guest care is achieved using the allocated resources as effectively as possible. This is a very operational role.
At Sopwell House we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Your role in our family:
- To ensure that all daily food and beverage is organized, served and set up correctly in the C&E Lobby, Bar and Conference Suites.
- To motivate your team through positive communication.
- To ensure consistent standards of Food and Beverage service within the Conference Suites, Bars and C&E Operations
- To liaise closely with the Head Chef to ensure accuracy of numbers and menu are maintained.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and provide service to exceed their expectations
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries
- Understand your responsibilities with regards to security
- Proactively pursue all practices in line with Company environmental and energy saving initiatives
- So much more!
What would make you the perfect fit?
- Previous Conference & Banqueting Management experience preferably from within a luxury food service environment;
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Possess strong team leadership skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise, organise self and multi-task
- Flexible & adaptable
- Ability to build rapport
- Ability to read and interpret reports and data
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Assist others within and outside of immediate department
- Ability to communicate
- Self motivated
- Upbeat ‘can do’ attitude
The best bit:
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Annual Management bonus scheme
- Free staff meals and parking
- Discounted food and beverage, accommodation and spa within the AB Hotels Group
- 28 days holiday and 1 extra holiday day on your birthday
- And much much more!
Your country home from home nestled in 12 acres of Hertfordshire countryside; Sopwell House is a luxury family owned Georgian country house hotel. Our hotel is on its way to becoming one of the Top 3 Hotels in the UK as Sopwell House introduces Cottonmill, the first private members’ spa designed to be woven into the fabric of a better life. An elegant, dynamic concept that never stands still.
At Sopwell House, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading kindness one act at a time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.
“Being a part of the Sopwell Family made me think anything was possible in my career”
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.