Head Chef Brasserie
Full Time Position – Up to £40k dependant on experience, discretionary bonus plus excellent benefits
Our Brasserie at Sopwell House boasts a vibrant, open plan kitchen serving delicious classic dishes, beautifully prepared. Breakfast, Lunch, Sunday roast and Dinner is served A La Carte with an exceptional selection of dishes both hot and cold with daily specials inspired by global cuisines.
Your role in our family:
This is a specialised, professional level Head Chef position. Your primary duty is to provide exciting elegant dishes and manage our Brasserie Kitchen team.
- To assist the Executive Chef in developing original and unique menus, buffets and ‘specials’ which meet the needs of the customers
- Responsible for the overall running of the restaurant kitchen daily operations, keeping the Executive Chef updated of all changes implemented
- To oversee all new menu implementations within the department
- To oversee food purchases, food wastage, portion control, stock rotation and levels on a daily basis to ensure the monthly food cost budget is achieved.
- Co-ordinate fresh food and dry store orders on a daily basis.
- Motivate the team and ensure that full instructions are given on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the whole team is conversant with the menu and to be adaptable with continual changes
- To train and motivate a highly skilful team to meet standards and requirements of the Hotel whilst retaining tight controls over expenditure and profitability of the department
- To plan and implement in conjunction with the Brasserie Manager an effective sales plan and food promotion
- So much more!
What would make you the perfect fit?
- Must have recent 4/5* Restaurant experience
- Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related
- Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal
- Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations
- Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure
The best bit:
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Free staff meals and parking
- Discounted food and beverage, accommodation and spa
- 28 days holiday and 1 extra holiday day on your birthday
- And much much more!
Your country home from home nestled in 12 acres of Hertfordshire countryside; Sopwell House is a luxury family-owned Georgian country house hotel. Our hotel is on its way to becoming one of the Top 3 Hotels in the UK as Sopwell House introduces Cottonmill, the first private members’ spa designed to be woven into the fabric of a better life. An elegant, dynamic concept that never stands still.
At Sopwell House, we live by our Vision, Purpose and Values.
We are dedicated to creating a world of ‘Perfect Contentment’ for both our team members and guests alike ‘Spreading kindness one act at a time’ along the way. Our team pride themselves on ‘Performing with Drive and Serving with Soul’ in everything we do.
“Being a part of the Sopwell Family made me think anything was possible in my career”
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK