We strive for excellence in everything we do, but don't take it from us
Tales from previous guests
- Fantastic | Sopwell House
Leon A, TripAdvisor:
Really enjoyed our 1 night stay at Sopwell house .We only stayed in a superior room but it was very nice and clean .Spent most of the time enjoying the facilities at hand .The conservatory and gardens were lovely place to enjoy the beautiful weather ,gym was ok for a hotel gym and the spa was really nice even though there was a notice saying it will be closed in August as they are redeveloping this area it make it bigger .We only ate in the Brasserie and the food was ok ,nothing amazing but still quite nice .The cocktail bar area was a great place to relax with their comfy sofas and armchairs .
The main thing which made our stay was the staff ,they were amazing !from our 1st interaction at reception through to when we left.It was the little things like the card and macaroons in our room on arrival and the head waiter asking my wife the morning after how her dinner was and remember exactly what we both had for dinner !i like stuff like that !
Overall the staff go out there way to be super friendly and attentive and made our stay really really nice !
Looking forward to the next visit
- 2018 New Year's Eve Ball | Sopwell House
MacZ, TripAdvisor: I don't normally write reviews, but the New Year's Eve event at Sopwell House was such a splendid night which far exceeded my expectations that I felt I needed to share my experience. The staff were so professional, friendly, and hospitable and they really made our stay special.
The whole event was organised to perfection which is a testament to the management team as I couldn't find anything to fault. I have attended many 5 star hotel New Year's Eve events but none of them come close to the joyful atmosphere and quality of service at Sopwell House. I will definitely return and recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates good service with a smile.
- Great Place, Brilliant Treatment, Comfy Bed | Sopwell House
KTq88, TripAdvisor: Second time at Sopwell House, this time in a bring a friend deal. Great value £199 for two people to stay in a lovely double room, very comfy bed, 50 minute treatment each, and use of the spa from 3pm on day of arrival.
We went on Friday night, the hot stone massage was amazing. The pool was quiet and very relaxing. Staff at breakfast were friendly too. Will definitely be returning.
- Superb Staff | Sopwell House
Jamie, Facebook: "Superb staff who make sure your whole stay is the best experience. Excellent room suite kept to the highest standard with top facilities throughout."
- Beautiful Hotel & Fantastic Visit | Sopwell House
uofhaxo, TripAdvisor: "The grounds of Sopwell House are stunning! The interior is well done and the rooms are nice with very comfortable beds. While there, I had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the restaurant and it was all very good.
It’s a short drive to shops and restaurants. It’s also a very pretty walk if you want to be more active. The Harry Potter Studio Tour is about a 20 drive as well. I arranged a cab (Abbey Taxi) through Sopwell House to and from the airport, which was very quick and easy. The drive was about 40 minutes from Heathrow.
Everyone I encountered from Sopwell House provided excellent service and couldn’t have been nicer!
It’s a fantastic place - I’m ready to go back!"
- Lovely Anniversary Stay | Sopwell House
MKI TI, TripAdvisor: "We had a really lovely stay at Sopwell House. We stayed in the Mews - Lavender suite.
I will start with the negatives (I am being more critical maybe as we had very high expectations and it was alot more expensive stay than we are used to).
- It would have been nice to get extra robes each in the suite as our robe was soaked and didn't dry overnight to use for the next day.
- It would be nice to have a warm blanket in the room to use if needed.
- We were celebrating our anniversary and got an upgrade and rose petals on bed. We did specifically request these though so I wonder if it would have been done otherwise... Would have been nice perhaps to get a suprise anniversary plate at dinner or in room as an extra thing.
- Check in could be slightly earlier so you can enjoy the day more - maybe 2pm.
- WiFi signal not great in suite.
- Planned to use hydropool in morning before check out but was closed.
- would be good to have movie channels on sky too.
It is a really lovely places and had such a nice relaxing time. We will definetly be back again.
- Lovely clean room. We got upgraded to lavender which had its own hot tub which we loved. Used it evening and morning and was so warm and relaxing. Suite was so cosy, on two floors with log fire and lots of extras like sky TV, coffee machine.
- Lovely hydropool which was empty the whole day we were there so we enjoyed this too.
- Had a lovely light dinner at cocktail lounge with 6 sharing dishes. Very tasty and filled us up. Cocktails quite pricey.
- Got given free late check out to 12pm which was nice.
All in all we had such a nice relaxing break. Wish we could have stayed longer. There are little things as explained above which would have made it even better but we loved it and will definitely be back soon."
- Beautiful ambiance & friendly staff | Five Lakes Resort
Tanya J, TripAdvisor: "My friend treated us to a lovely afternoon of a SPA treatment and afternoon tea. When we arrived the front desk was very welcoming and friendly and the lady showed us around and how to get to the SPA etc. We had complimentary tea, no biscuits (which was a shame). We both had a fantastic massage each and then afterwards relaxed into the quiet room and read and chilled out before our lunch. Our lunch was a bit disappointment unfortunately, not enough sandwiches, there were four tiny triangle sandwiches for me and my friend who is vegetarian decided to have vegetarian s/w's and she only received three tiny triangles, she asked for more and they gave her one more tiny triangle, which we found laughable. The cakes were lovely and a nice choice, but they gave us 4 massive scones as well which we would have preferred only two with more sandwiches instead. As when we left we were still very hungary. Don't be so stingy guys, honestly. Thats the only thing that spoilt it for us. But the ambiance was relaxing and we felt very chilled by the end of our day, even tho we left hungry."
- 50th Birthday | Five Lakes Resort
Peter, TripAdvisor: "Recently attended a 50th birthday party arrived late due to traffic but the staff were excellent at getting us settled quickly as the party was in full swing. Food was good as was the service and overall we had a very nice evening. Would consider the venue for our up and coming working events."
- Hen Weekend | Five Lakes Resort
Dawn P, TripAdvisor: "Had a fabulous stay. The staff, food and cleanliness were very good. Would definitely recommend. Lovely pool, spa & golf course. 20 of us stayed and we all thoroughly enjoyed our weekend. A really nice place for a relaxing break."
- Family Fun and Cheer Comp | Five Lakes Resort
Jared R, TripAdvisor:
"A big resort with everything .
Staff are so friendly.
Rooms are a very good standard.
The food is great.
And the swimming pool plus sauna and steam room amazing.
Really cannot fault it great stay will be back."