AB Hotels Environmental Statement
Environmental concerns and sustainable development are important to AB Hotels. We try to implement environmental practices across all aspects of our business from purchasing policies to pollution and waste prevention. We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy place for our employees and guests and minimises the impact on the environment.
We operate in compliance with all relevant legislation and strive to use environmental best practices when we can.
Our goals are to:
- Reduce energy and water consumption by 20% by 2020
Educate and inspire associates and guests to conserve and preserve
To achieve this we have in place the following:
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Our hotels hold staff forum meetings which have set agendas to cover areas of sustainability and the environment
- Business plans at group level include sustainability objectives
- We promote the use of British and local suppliers, producers and manufacturers where possible
- We integrate consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making activities
- All glass, paper, cardboard, batteries and lamps are recycled
- Food waste is separated throughout the business and disposed of independently.
- Low energy lamps are used in all hotels with an ongoing strategy to introduce LED bulbs
- All printers are set to double-sided printing and where possible are also only used in black and white
- All guests are given the option of having their towels laundered when needed rather than replaced automatically each day.
- In quieter periods each hotel pro-actively closes bedroom floors and meeting suites.
- Timer switches and dusk till dawn sensors used where possible
- Energy saving key card system used across all bedrooms for power in the rooms
- New dryers and dishwashers contain the latest heating recovery units for more effective energy use.
- Water saving shower heads across the hotel.